Remembering St. Mary's Catholic Church and School
Few of us are aware that when formed in 1896 St. Mary's was named "The Church of Saint Mary on the Hill". 1996 Pastor Fr. Vernon Arseneau asked for the research that confirmed the church's original name which was then published in the centennial booklet.
St. Mary's school prospered from it's inception in 1922 through the late 1990's until closing under the burden of operating costs in 2010.
Sadly, the original school building is to be torn down in 2015 to make room for a new, larger church. See the pictures below.